The Seventh Conference of States Parties (CSP7) to the Arms Trade Treaty is scheduled to take place from 30 August to 03 September 2021 in Geneva, Switzerland, in a hybrid format. This means that a limited number of delegates will be able to participate in the Conference in person, and the rest will participate virtually via Zoom.
Each delegation will be allocated one seat in the conference venue to enable one representative from each delegation to participate in the Conference in person. The ATT Secretariat is conscious that some States do not have a Mission or other consular representation in Geneva, Switzerland, and may not be able to send a local representative to attend the Conference in person.
Accordingly, a limited sponsorship programme is being offered only to States that do not have a Permanent Mission in Geneva, Switzerland, that wish to send a (single) representative to attend CSP7 in person.
States that qualify for the CSP7 Sponsorship Programme (i.e. that do not have a Permanent Mission in Geneva, Switzerland), that wish to apply for sponsorship to attend CSP7, are invited to nominate one (1) representative and to submit the following documents to the ATT Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org :
· Note Verbale signed by the relevant Government institution nominating the representative for sponsorship and indicating which meeting(s) the State wishes to attend;
· Application form completed by the nominated representative (available here);
· Copy of the applicant’s passport; and
· Copy of applicant’s health insurance policy (if applicant has one).
The deadline for applications for CSP7 is 30 July 2021.
Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
* Please note: There are travel restrictions in place in Switzerland due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Persons wishing to apply for the ATT Sponsorship Programme to attend CSP7 are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the requirements regarding testing prior to travel.
In addition, persons arriving from certain countries are required to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival in Switzerland. Any delegate coming from such a country, will need to arrive at least 10 days in advance of CSP7 (i.e. by 20 August 2021) and quarantine for 10 days. The ATT Sponsorship Programme will not cover the costs of the 10-day quarantine, and delegates will need to cover the costs associated with arriving in advance of CSP7.
It is brought to the attention of States that it is still possible to participate in CSP7 without being in Geneva in person, since the Conference will be held in a hybrid format and States can therefore participate virtually.